Can I exercise if I have plantar fasciitis?

Sadie Lincoln
Sadie Lincoln on behalf of barre3
Fitness
Plantar fasciitis is very common among our clients, as they are so active in their lifestyles. Many of our movements and our key alignment principles actually help to alleviate the symptoms of plantar fasciitis. Rooting all four corners of your feet evenly to the ground and spreading the toes is a great ways to stretch the tendons of the foot and develop a stronger foundation for the entire body. You can always return to this balanced position if you experience pain or discomfort.

Continue Learning about Plantar Fasciitis

What type of doctor should I see for plantar fasciitis?
Melissa Hatton, NASM Elite TrainerMelissa Hatton, NASM Elite Trainer
I would recommend visiting a doctor who specializes in sport medicine.  This type of physician is mo...
What is plantar fasciitis?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Plantar fasciitis involves a soft tissue structure on the bottom of your foot called the plantar fas...
How Do I Deal with Plantar Fasciitis?
How Do I Deal with Plantar Fasciitis?
Got Plantar Fasciitis? Get Heel-Pain Help