What is a pituitary adenoma?

Anthony P. Heaney, MD
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
A pituitary adenoma is a group of cells that do not obey the normal signals from the body to limit their division and expand in number, compressing normal pituitary cells and adjacent structures near the pituitary gland over time.

Continue Learning about Pituitary Tumor

Should I talk to my doctor about a pituitary tumor?
Talk to your doctor about a pituitary tumor if you are experiencing any hormonal imbalances or visio...
Why can pituitary tumors cause visual problems?
Marvin Bergsneider, MDMarvin Bergsneider, MD
The pituitary gland is situated right in the back of the nose. It's deep, almost to the middle of th...
What is the outlook for people with pituitary gland tumors?
Joshua B. Bederson, MDJoshua B. Bederson, MD
Tumors of the pituitary gland produce visual and hormonal impairment. Modern techniques have fac...
Is a pituitary tumor serious?
A pituitary tumor can be serious if left untreated or if diagnosed late. An enlarged tumor can press...