Should I be worried about a pituitary tumor?

You should be worried about a pituitary tumor if you are experiencing hormonal or physical issues like headaches-vision problems-or issues with your sense of smell. Some other signs that may indicate a pituitary tumor include excessive sweating-general disinterest in sex-or rapid weight gain or loss. You might also be worried about a pituitary tumor if your family has a history of certain inherited genetic disorders that increase the risks for these growths. Multiple endocrine neoplasia I is an example of such a disorder.

Continue Learning about Pituitary Tumor

What is the outlook for people with pituitary gland tumors?
Joshua B. Bederson, MDJoshua B. Bederson, MD
Tumors of the pituitary gland produce visual and hormonal impairment. Modern techniques have fac...
What are pituitary tumors?
Anthony P. Heaney, MDAnthony P. Heaney, MD
Pituitary tumors are mostly benign slow growing lesions that originate in the cells of the pituitary...
What is the prognosis for a pituitary tumor?
If diagnosed early enough, the prognosis for a pituitary tumor is usually excellent. If diagnosis is...
Is a pituitary tumor serious?
A pituitary tumor can be serious if left untreated or if diagnosed late. An enlarged tumor can press...