What do I need to know about caring for someone with a pituitary tumor?

Caring for someone with a pituitary tumor means making sure you are emotionally and physically there for your loved one. Finding out you have a pituitary tumor can be scary. People with this disorder need to know they have a shoulder to lean on. Ask questions of the medical professionals, find out what kinds of side effects any prescribed medications may have, and make sure you understand the treatment process every step of the way. Because pituitary tumors may cause blindness and other physical problems, be sure your loved one has any necessary special equipment or care while they are undergoing treatment.

Continue Learning about Pituitary Tumor

Should I be worried about a pituitary tumor?
You should be worried about a pituitary tumor if you are experiencing hormonal or physical issues li...
Why can pituitary tumors cause visual problems?
Marvin Bergsneider, MDMarvin Bergsneider, MD
The pituitary gland is situated right in the back of the nose. It's deep, almost to the middle of th...
Should I talk to my doctor about a pituitary tumor?
Talk to your doctor about a pituitary tumor if you are experiencing any hormonal imbalances or visio...
How common is a pituitary tumor?
Anthony P. Heaney, MDAnthony P. Heaney, MD
Pituitary tumors are relatively common, affecting one in five individuals. However, it is important ...