Do children grow out of a pituitary tumor?

Children do not grow out of a pituitary tumor. Pituitary tumors are rare in children-but they do happen. If they are left untreated-they will not go away. However,it is possible that a child will have a pituitary tumor that never presents any symptoms.

Continue Learning about Pituitary Tumor

How often are pituitary tumors cancerous?
Anthony P. Heaney, MDAnthony P. Heaney, MD
Pituitary tumors are rarely cancerous and do not extend outside of the skull. People can have locall...
Should I talk to my doctor about a pituitary tumor?
Talk to your doctor about a pituitary tumor if you are experiencing any hormonal imbalances or visio...
What is the outlook for people with pituitary gland tumors?
Joshua B. Bederson, MDJoshua B. Bederson, MD
Tumors of the pituitary gland produce visual and hormonal impairment. Modern techniques have fac...
Why can pituitary tumors cause visual problems?
Marvin Bergsneider, MDMarvin Bergsneider, MD
The pituitary gland is situated right in the back of the nose. It's deep, almost to the middle of th...