A pituitary tumor will not go away without treatment. However,many pituitary tumors never cause symptoms and will go undetected throughout a person's entire life. Additionally,certain kinds of functional pituitary tumors can be destroyed with medication only and never require surgery.
- Q What does surgery through the nose for pituitary tumors involve?
- Q What is the outlook for people with pituitary gland tumors?
- Q How is pituitary tumor treated?
- Q Do children with pituitary tumors receive the same treatment as adults?
- Q How common is a pituitary tumor?
- Q What health problems can pituitary tumors cause in children?