What increases my risk for pituitary disorders?

Pituitary disorders usually take the form of non-cancerous tumors of the pituitary gland. Older adults are most at risk for developing these tumors. Some types of pituitary tumors run in families, such as multiple endocrine neoplasia, type I, otherwise known as MEN I. However, the majority are not hereditary, and their causes are not well understood.

Continue Learning about Pituitary Disorders

What is pituitary gigantism?
Everyday actions, like getting into a car, going through doors, sitting at a table can be chall...
What are pituitary disorders?
Pituitary disorders affect the pituitary, a small gland at the base of the skull that determines the...
How long do pituitary disorders last?
Pituitary disorders usually take the form of non-cancerous tumors of the pituitary gland and last un...
Should I be worried about pituitary disorders?
Pituitary disorders are not common. They generally affect older adults and take the form of a tumor ...