Should I talk to my doctor about my pituitary disorder symptoms?

A pituitary disorder can profoundly affect your daily life so you should talk to your doctor about any symptoms. The only way the condition is likely to improve is through treatment. Pituitary disorders have a wide range of symptoms, depending on how they affect the pituitary gland. The pituitary, a small gland at the base of the skull, determines the production of hormones in the body. Pituitary disorders can cause the pituitary to produce either too much of a certain hormone or too little. Improper hormone levels can cause a wide range of problems.

Continue Learning about Pituitary Disorders

Should I be worried about pituitary disorders?
Pituitary disorders are not common. They generally affect older adults and take the form of a tumor ...
What is pituitary gigantism?
Everyday actions, like getting into a car, going through doors, sitting at a table can be chall...
How do pituitary disorders affect women differently than men?
Pituitary disorders can have a major effect on a woman's menstrual cycle. When the pituitary causes ...
What are pituitary disorders?
Pituitary disorders affect the pituitary, a small gland at the base of the skull that determines the...