Do pituitary disorders run in families?

Some pituitary disorders do run in families while others do not. A family history of a condition called multiple endrocrine neoplasia, type I (MEN I) can put you at a greater risk for tumors of the pituitary gland. If you have a history of MEN I in your family, you should see your doctor for a genetic test that can indicate if you have the disorder.

Continue Learning about Pituitary Disorders

Should I be worried about pituitary disorders?
Pituitary disorders are not common. They generally affect older adults and take the form of a tumor ...
What are pituitary disorders?
Pituitary disorders affect the pituitary, a small gland at the base of the skull that determines the...
What does a pituitary disorder mean?
A pituitary disorder means that the pituitary gland, which oversees the production of hormones in th...
Are pituitary disorders serious?
Pituitary disorders are serious conditions. They affect the pituitary, a small gland at the base of ...