Do pituitary disorders affect children differently than adults?

In general, pituitary disorders are more common in older adults than children. One condition, an overproduction of growth hormone, affects children differently than adults. In children the condition is called gigantism. It causes a child to grow far beyond normal height and weight. In adults it is called acromegaly and results in deformations of the skeletal structure.

Continue Learning about Pituitary Disorders in Children

Do children grow out of pituitary disorders?
Children do not grow out of pituitary disorders. Some combination of surgery, radiation, and medicat...
How can I protect my children from pituitary disorders?
There is nothing you can do to protect a child from a pituitary disorder. The cause of the condition...