How can I protect my children from pituitary disorders?

There is nothing you can do to protect a child from a pituitary disorder. The cause of the condition is unknown. If your family has a history of multiple endrocrine neoplasia, type I (MEN I), you can have your child undergo a genetic test for the condition. People with MEN I are more susceptible to tumors of the pituitary gland.

Continue Learning about Pituitary Disorders in Children

Do children grow out of pituitary disorders?
Children do not grow out of pituitary disorders. Some combination of surgery, radiation, and medicat...
Do pituitary disorders affect children differently than adults?
In general, pituitary disorders are more common in older adults than children. One condition, an ove...