Do children grow out of pituitary disorders?

Children do not grow out of pituitary disorders. Some combination of surgery, radiation, and medication will likely be necessary to treat a pituitary disorder in a child. One pituitary disorder that affects children is an overproduction of growth hormone, which causes the condition known as gigantism. If untreated, gigantism causes a child to continue growing far beyond normal stature.

Continue Learning about Pituitary Disorders in Children

Do pituitary disorders affect children differently than adults?
In general, pituitary disorders are more common in older adults than children. One condition, an ove...
How can I protect my children from pituitary disorders?
There is nothing you can do to protect a child from a pituitary disorder. The cause of the condition...