What are the treatment options for speech impairments?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Treatment options for speech impairments will vary according to the specific kind and its cause. Speech impairments are frequently treated by speech pathologists, who can train your or your child's speech. If the condition is caused by another health problem, such as a hearing loss, a cleft palate, or a tumor, treatment for the underlying condition may be necessary to treat the speech impairment.

Continue Learning about Physical Disabilities

Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
What do Winston Churchill and James Earl Jones have in common besides a deep voice and a robust stature? They were both stutterers. Stuttering that l...
Who is eligible for handicapped parking placards?
Betty Long, RN, MHABetty Long, RN, MHA
Ironically, many people who are eligible fail to apply because they are in denial about their disabi...
How can voice software assist me if I'm disabled?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Most of today's tech devices have features that make it easier for people with disabilities to use t...
What is the difference between paraplegia and quadriplegia?
Paraplegia and quadriplegia are two types of paralysis. Paralysis in the lower half of the body and ...