The treatment for flaccid paralysis varies according to what causes it. If the underlying condition has been treated, generally, physical therapy can be provided to help patients regain muscle strength. Supportive care is given to help people cope with the illness and to manage their symptoms.
- Q How is flaccid paralysis diagnosed?
- Q How is flaccid paralysis related to polio?
- Q What are researchers discovering about paralysis?
- Q Why do health agencies want to identify all the cases of flaccid paralysis?
- Q Is flaccid paralysis preventable?
- Q What causes flaccid paralysis?