The treatment for flaccid paralysis varies according to what causes it. If the underlying condition has been treated, generally, physical therapy can be provided to help patients regain muscle strength. Supportive care is given to help people cope with the illness and to manage their symptoms.
- Q Why do health agencies want to identify all the cases of flaccid paralysis?
- Q What causes flaccid paralysis?
- Q Can women who are paralyzed have children?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for paralysis?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my paralysis symptoms?
- Q How is flaccid paralysis related to polio?