The treatment for flaccid paralysis varies according to what causes it. If the underlying condition has been treated, generally, physical therapy can be provided to help patients regain muscle strength. Supportive care is given to help people cope with the illness and to manage their symptoms.
- Q How is flaccid paralysis diagnosed?
- Q What are researchers discovering about paralysis?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for paralysis?
- Q Is paralysis serious?
- Q Can paralysis be prevented?
- Q Why do health agencies want to identify all the cases of flaccid paralysis?