The treatment for flaccid paralysis varies according to what causes it. If the underlying condition has been treated, generally, physical therapy can be provided to help patients regain muscle strength. Supportive care is given to help people cope with the illness and to manage their symptoms.
- Q Can women who are paralyzed have children?
- Q Why do health agencies want to identify all the cases of flaccid paralysis?
- Q How is flaccid paralysis diagnosed?
- Q Is paralysis serious?
- Q What increases my risk for flaccid paralysis?
- Q Can paralysis be prevented?