What is an NED-II voucher?

Two agencies, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), together have produced the Non-elderly Disabled Category II (NED-II) voucher.  The NED-II voucher assists with a combination of rental assistance, health care and supportive services. It is designed to help non-elderly Americans with disabilities leave healthcare facilities and live independently. It also assists non-elderly disabled families living in a designated unit/project/building to move from that dwelling if they so choose. 

Continue Learning about Physical Disabilities

Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
What do Winston Churchill and James Earl Jones have in common besides a deep voice and a robust stature? They were both stutterers. Stuttering that l...
Read More
What is a speech pathologist?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
A speech pathologist (or a speech-language pathologist) is a professional who is trained (master's o...
More Answers
How are speech impairments diagnosed?
Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhDDr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
Children and adults who are suspected of having speech impairments will have their speech evaluated ...
More Answers
What does being disabled mean?
Ruth White, MPHRuth White, MPH
According to the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), an individual with a disability is a person w...
More Answers

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.