What causes dysprosody?

Dysprosody is a very rare disorder generally brought on by some sort of brain damage. In the majority of cases reported, people suffering from dysprosody have had strokes. Other causes include brain lesions and traumatic injuries to the brain. In a small percentage of cases, doctors have been unable to find out what has caused the dysprosody in their patient, as there is no sign of neurological damage.

Continue Learning about Physical Disabilities

Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
What do Winston Churchill and James Earl Jones have in common besides a deep voice and a robust stature? They were both stutterers. Stuttering that l...
How can voice software assist me if I'm disabled?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Most of today's tech devices have features that make it easier for people with disabilities to use t...
Who is eligible for an NED-II voucher?
To be eligible for a Non-elderly Disabled Category II (NED-II) voucher, you must be a non-elderly pe...
Who is eligible for handicapped parking placards?
Betty Long, RN, MHABetty Long, RN, MHA
Ironically, many people who are eligible fail to apply because they are in denial about their disabi...