What should I know to care for someone with spastic paralysis?

It is important for any caretaker or family member of someone with spastic paralysis to be informed. Persons with spastic paralysis need support and encouragement from their caretakers to live up to their potential, particularly if their condition is caused by cerebral palsy. Some responsibilities can be relieved through training and daily living skills. Seeking support from outside agencies and organizations is encouraged. Counseling is often helpful for parents to process their grief or frustration.

Continue Learning about Physical Disabilities

Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
What do Winston Churchill and James Earl Jones have in common besides a deep voice and a robust stature? They were both stutterers. Stuttering that l...
What are the treatment options for speech impairments?
Treatment options for speech impairments will vary according to the specific kind and its cause. Spe...
How can voice software assist me if I'm disabled?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Most of today's tech devices have features that make it easier for people with disabilities to use t...
How are speech impairments diagnosed?
Children and adults who are suspected of having speech impairments will have their speech evaluated ...