Can viral ear infections cause speech impairment?

Chronic ear infections may play a role in speech development. The theory is that learning could be delayed or disrupted due to continuous blockage and fluid buildup in the middle ear during years in which a child is developing the ability to communicate verbally. In otherwise healthy children this is rarely a problem. 

Continue Learning about Physical Disabilities

Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
What do Winston Churchill and James Earl Jones have in common besides a deep voice and a robust stature? They were both stutterers. Stuttering that l...
How can voice software assist me if I'm disabled?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Most of today's tech devices have features that make it easier for people with disabilities to use t...
What is an NED-II voucher?
Two agencies, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the Department of Health and...
How does a speech pathologist help with stuttering?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
A speech pathologist can help with stuttering by detecting both the frequency of stuttering as well ...