What are the treatment options for dysprosody?

Dysprosody presents a puzzle to the medical community. A person with this rare disorder can still speak and comprehend language fluently. The only thing that has changed is their accent, or the pitch, tone, and sound of how the words come out. Because so much is still unknown about this disorder, treatment options are currently limited to speech therapy. In addition, the benefits of this type of treatment are still being researched, as some patients seem to respond well to certain kinds of targeted speech therapy while others do not.

Continue Learning about Physical Disabilities

Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
What do Winston Churchill and James Earl Jones have in common besides a deep voice and a robust stature? They were both stutterers. Stuttering that l...
What training is needed to become a speech pathologist?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
To become a speech pathologist, the following training is needed: bachelor's degree master’s deg...
How are speech impairments diagnosed?
Children and adults who are suspected of having speech impairments will have their speech evaluated ...
How can voice software assist me if I'm disabled?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Most of today's tech devices have features that make it easier for people with disabilities to use t...