Is there support for families of veterans who have suffered polytrauma?

Anytime you suffer a major injury, the emotional and physical trauma extends to your family. They’re hurting in ways you probably don’t know and need a support system to get through this challenging and difficult time while you heal. Check with VA case managers to coordinate support services such as housing, transportation and other aid to wives, children and parents. They can also identify phsychologists who can provide counseling and other emotional support.

Continue Learning about Physical Disabilities

Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
What do Winston Churchill and James Earl Jones have in common besides a deep voice and a robust stature? They were both stutterers. Stuttering that l...
Who is eligible for an NED-II voucher?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
To be eligible for a Non-elderly Disabled Category II (NED-II) voucher, you must be a non-elderly pe...
How can voice software assist me if I'm disabled?
Most of today's tech devices have features that make it easier for people with disabilities to use t...
How long does speech therapy treatment last?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
It is difficulty to say how long speech therapy treatment will last. Some problems can be fixed fair...