Should I talk to my doctor about spastic paralysis?

If you are pregnant and feel that your fetus may be at risk for an infection, it is important to talk to your doctor. Spastic paralysis is sometimes caused by cerebral palsy, which develop during or after pregnancy. If you're concerned about your chances of passing hereditary spastic paralysis on to your child, you can ask your doctor about genetic testing to find out the chances of that occurring.

Continue Learning about Physical Disabilities

Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
What do Winston Churchill and James Earl Jones have in common besides a deep voice and a robust stature? They were both stutterers. Stuttering that l...
What is the Disability Status Scale (DSS)?
Louis RosnerLouis Rosner
Most disability scales used in the United States today only measure physical impairment and the ab...
What are the treatment options for speech impairments?
Treatment options for speech impairments will vary according to the specific kind and its cause. Spe...
How does a speech pathologist help with stuttering?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
A speech pathologist can help with stuttering by detecting both the frequency of stuttering as well ...