Will I receive compensation from the VA for a spinal cord injury?

According to the Department of Veteran Affairs, veterans with a spinal cord injury may receive up to $2,673 in monthly disability compensation. Depending on the extent of your war injury, you may also get supplementary payments if you also lost the use of your limbs, hands or feet or have other disabilities.

In addition to the compensation from the Veterans Administration, those veterans with war-related injuries (or loss of limbs, hands, feet or other disabilities) are entitled to job counseling, adapted housing and automobile grants, money for clothing, and funds to pay for home and assistive care. It is important to be persistent as you ask questions and seek answers on what the VA will provide for you as an injured veteran.

Continue Learning about Physical Disabilities

Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
What do Winston Churchill and James Earl Jones have in common besides a deep voice and a robust stature? They were both stutterers. Stuttering that l...
How can voice software assist me if I'm disabled?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Most of today's tech devices have features that make it easier for people with disabilities to use t...
What sports are disability-friendly?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
Wheelchair basketball, hand cycling, sled hockey, and swimming are the most developed adaptive sport...
How does a speech pathologist help with stuttering?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
A speech pathologist can help with stuttering by detecting both the frequency of stuttering as well ...