What is the rate of incidence for spastic paralysis?

Spastic paralysis can be caused as a byproduct of cerebral palsy or on its own as a genetic condition. About two or four in every 1,000 babies will be found to have cerebral palsy. The incidence of the inherited form is not known, but it is generally considered a rare condition.

Continue Learning about Physical Disabilities

Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
What do Winston Churchill and James Earl Jones have in common besides a deep voice and a robust stature? They were both stutterers. Stuttering that l...
How does a speech pathologist help with stuttering?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
A speech pathologist can help with stuttering by detecting both the frequency of stuttering as well ...
How can voice software assist me if I'm disabled?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Most of today's tech devices have features that make it easier for people with disabilities to use t...
Are there any shortcomings of the Kurtzke Disability Status Scale (DSS)?
Louis RosnerLouis Rosner
Kurtzke Disability Status Scale (DSS) clearly has its shortcomings. First, some read it to suggest a...