How do I manage my dysprosody on a daily basis?

Dysprosody affects the way a person speaks, usually causing them to sound as if they have a foreign accent. Other than that, we do not yet know how this rare disorder affects a person's body. A person with dysprosody can participate in normal activities and be active members of the community. They can still communicate and comprehend language. Beyond incorporating speech therapy to help with the changes in speech, nothing needs to be done to manage dysprosody on a daily basis.

Continue Learning about Physical Disabilities

Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
What do Winston Churchill and James Earl Jones have in common besides a deep voice and a robust stature? They were both stutterers. Stuttering that l...
What does being disabled mean?
Ruth White, MPHRuth White, MPH
According to the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), an individual with a disability is a person w...
Can I stay active if I have a disability?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
A disability may make it harder to stay active, but it shouldn't stop you. In most cases, people wit...
What is the difference between paraplegia and quadriplegia?
Paraplegia and quadriplegia are two types of paralysis. Paralysis in the lower half of the body and ...