Is a lifelike cosmesis prosthesis worth the cost?

While a realistic-looking cosmesis prosthesis can cost thousands of dollars, for many people, feeling good about their self-image is worth the expense. Lawyers, doctors, teachers, and others who have jobs dealing with the public on a daily basis may find it difficult to endure the stares that often come with any type of limb loss. Having a lifelike prosthesis to avoid public attention and boost self-confidence for many is worth whatever it costs.

Continue Learning about Physical Disabilities

Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
What do Winston Churchill and James Earl Jones have in common besides a deep voice and a robust stature? They were both stutterers. Stuttering that l...
What training is needed to become a speech pathologist?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
To become a speech pathologist, the following training is needed: bachelor's degree master’s deg...
What are the treatment options for speech impairments?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Treatment options for speech impairments will vary according to the specific kind and its cause. Spe...
Can I stay active if I have a disability?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
A disability may make it harder to stay active, but it shouldn't stop you. In most cases, people wit...