Is dysprosody life threatening?

Dysprosody can be frustrating, but it does not appear to be life threatening. From the little that is known about this rare neurological speech disorder and its affects on the body, dysprosody seems to affect only the way a person speaks. Typically, a person with dysprosody will sound like they have a foreign accent even when talking in their native language. Other than this change in speech, dysprosody does not affect a person's ability to communicate and comprehend language, nor should it impede their ability to lead a normal life.

Continue Learning about Physical Disabilities

Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
What do Winston Churchill and James Earl Jones have in common besides a deep voice and a robust stature? They were both stutterers. Stuttering that l...
Who is eligible for an NED-II voucher?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
To be eligible for a Non-elderly Disabled Category II (NED-II) voucher, you must be a non-elderly pe...
Can I stay active if I have a disability?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
A disability may make it harder to stay active, but it shouldn't stop you. In most cases, people wit...
What is the Disability Status Scale (DSS)?
Louis RosnerLouis Rosner
Most disability scales used in the United States today only measure physical impairment and the ab...