How can a vertical platform lift help me if I have a disability?

If you have a disability and the entry to your home is particularly high and a long ramp impractical, a vertical platform lift might be a solution. The lift works like an elevator to raise a wheelchair or scooter, plus a companion, smoothly and effortlessly up and down from driveway to entryway, patio to porch, etc... It can work from four feet to up to 14 feet in height. A lift, powered by battery or household current, is durable indoors or outdoors for even the harshest winter weather and really levels the playing field for someone living in a multi-level situation. 

Continue Learning about Physical Disabilities

Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
What do Winston Churchill and James Earl Jones have in common besides a deep voice and a robust stature? They were both stutterers. Stuttering that l...
How can I navigate on a tech device if I'm disabled?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Most of today's tech devices have features that make it easier for people with disabilities to use t...
How can voice software assist me if I'm disabled?
How long does speech therapy treatment last?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
It is difficulty to say how long speech therapy treatment will last. Some problems can be fixed fair...