How can I use handicapped transportation for medical appointments?

Let the doctor’s office know that you use special handicapped transportation to medical or dental appointments. Most people don’t realize that special transportation often must be scheduled 24 hours in advance, and you must include not only when you need to be delivered but also when you need to be picked up from your appointment. Let the scheduler know how important having an on-time appointment is, and ask them to call you as soon as they are aware that the doctor (or dentist) is running late so that you can try to adjust your transportation arrangements.
Arthritis

Arthritis

Arthritis: 300 Tips for Making Life Easier is a compendium of tips, techniques, and life-task shortcuts all learned from personal experience. Author Shelley Peterman Schwarz has lived with a chronic...

Continue Learning about Physical Disabilities

Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
What do Winston Churchill and James Earl Jones have in common besides a deep voice and a robust stature? They were both stutterers. Stuttering that l...
Can I stay active if I have a disability?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
A disability may make it harder to stay active, but it shouldn't stop you. In most cases, people wit...
What does vision loss mean for veterans?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
Vision loss means the lack of vision where it existed before. For many people, including war warrior...
What sports are disability-friendly?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
Wheelchair basketball, hand cycling, sled hockey, and swimming are the most developed adaptive sport...