How is spastic paralysis diagnosed?

Spastic paralysis is often a symptom of other conditions such as cerebral palsy. This condition is characterized by weak, stiff muscles and involuntary movement and can be diagnosed with a magnetic resonance imaging device (MRI), after age two. When spastic paralysis is inherited, it is typically diagnosed with genetic or neurological tests.

Continue Learning about Physical Disabilities

Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
What do Winston Churchill and James Earl Jones have in common besides a deep voice and a robust stature? They were both stutterers. Stuttering that l...
What does vision loss mean for veterans?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
Vision loss means the lack of vision where it existed before. For many people, including war warrior...
What is the difference between paraplegia and quadriplegia?
Paraplegia and quadriplegia are two types of paralysis. Paralysis in the lower half of the body and ...
Can I stay active if I have a disability?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
A disability may make it harder to stay active, but it shouldn't stop you. In most cases, people wit...