How can I prevent my walker from getting stuck on the carpet?

Use nylon glides to reduce friction on carpet. If you use a walker primarily on carpeted surfaces, add nylon glides to keep from catching on the nap. Choose from a variety of styles. Star Glides self-align with the floor, allowing you to lift and place your walker with less effort and more stability. Simply replace the rubber tips on the bottom of the back legs with the glides. Look for these and other walker accessories at drug or home health stores.
Arthritis

Arthritis

Arthritis: 300 Tips for Making Life Easier is a compendium of tips, techniques, and life-task shortcuts all learned from personal experience. Author Shelley Peterman Schwarz has lived with a chronic...

Continue Learning about Physical Disabilities

Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
What do Winston Churchill and James Earl Jones have in common besides a deep voice and a robust stature? They were both stutterers. Stuttering that l...
How can voice software assist me if I'm disabled?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Most of today's tech devices have features that make it easier for people with disabilities to use t...
What does vision loss mean for veterans?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
Vision loss means the lack of vision where it existed before. For many people, including war warrior...
Who is eligible for an NED-II voucher?
To be eligible for a Non-elderly Disabled Category II (NED-II) voucher, you must be a non-elderly pe...