How much have cosmesis prosthetics changed over the years?

Advances in technology over the past decade have made today's prosthetics not only more comfortable, but also highly functional, allowing many wearers to return to the lifestyles they had before the loss. Motivated users can go even further, participating in a variety of demanding sports, running marathons, or even returning to active military duty. With enough determination, there are basically no limits to what can be done, despite wearing a prosthesis. The look of prosthetics has also changed dramatically, giving them the appearance of real hands, feet, and arms.

Continue Learning about Physical Disabilities

Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
What do Winston Churchill and James Earl Jones have in common besides a deep voice and a robust stature? They were both stutterers. Stuttering that l...
Can I stay active if I have a disability?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
A disability may make it harder to stay active, but it shouldn't stop you. In most cases, people wit...
Who is eligible for an NED-II voucher?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
To be eligible for a Non-elderly Disabled Category II (NED-II) voucher, you must be a non-elderly pe...
What are the treatment options for speech impairments?
Treatment options for speech impairments will vary according to the specific kind and its cause. Spe...