How do I manage my paralysis on a daily basis?

Paralysis can have a significant impact on your life, but there are things you can do to help improve it. It is very important to find a doctor who you trust, and who will take the time to help you find an effective treatment for your condition. Follow your doctor's advice regarding treatments. Exercise is very important. Also, there are many modifications you can make to your home, including wheelchair ramps. In addition, you may want to join a support group to find treatment options that work and get emotional support from people who understand your condition.

Continue Learning about Physical Disabilities

Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
What do Winston Churchill and James Earl Jones have in common besides a deep voice and a robust stature? They were both stutterers. Stuttering that l...
Are there any shortcomings of the Kurtzke Disability Status Scale (DSS)?
Louis RosnerLouis Rosner
Kurtzke Disability Status Scale (DSS) clearly has its shortcomings. First, some read it to suggest a...
Can I stay active if I have a disability?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
A disability may make it harder to stay active, but it shouldn't stop you. In most cases, people wit...
What is a certified orthotist?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
An orthotist is a practitioner who helps people with disabilities of the spine and limbs. Orthotics ...