How can a level step at my entranceway help me if I have a disability?

Often the most significant barrier for people with disabilities getting into and out of the home is the entranceway itself. Level or slightly sloped sidewalks and driveways will make access to the home easier, whether you have a visual or physical disability or not. If your current home has a step to the front door, can you remove the barrier by changing the landscaping and replacing the step with a gentle slope? Ask a landscaper for ideas. 

Continue Learning about Physical Disabilities

Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
What do Winston Churchill and James Earl Jones have in common besides a deep voice and a robust stature? They were both stutterers. Stuttering that l...
What is a certified orthotist?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
An orthotist is a practitioner who helps people with disabilities of the spine and limbs. Orthotics ...
What is the difference between paraplegia and quadriplegia?
Paraplegia and quadriplegia are two types of paralysis. Paralysis in the lower half of the body and ...
Should I make an exercise schedule regardless of disability?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
An exercise schedule should always be constructed regardless of your restrictions.  If we do not set...