How can I learn to use a cosmesis prosthesis?

The main things that you need to learn are: how to put on and take off the prosthesis, how to walk with it, and how to care for the skin on the stump. Typically, several specialists, including the prosthetist, are involved in training a new user. A physical therapist will set up an exercise routine for strengthening and flexibility along with training you how to walk with your new prosthesis. An occupational therapist will teach you the best way to perform everyday activities.

Continue Learning about Physical Disabilities

Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
What do Winston Churchill and James Earl Jones have in common besides a deep voice and a robust stature? They were both stutterers. Stuttering that l...
Should I make an exercise schedule regardless of disability?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
An exercise schedule should always be constructed regardless of your restrictions.  If we do not set...
What sports are disability-friendly?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
Wheelchair basketball, hand cycling, sled hockey, and swimming are the most developed adaptive sport...
What if I blunder when I communicate with people with disabilities?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
Don't be embarrassed if you happen to use accepted, common expressions such as "See you later" or "D...