How can a keyless entry lock help me if I have a disability?

Getting in the door is easier if you do not have to fumble with keys due to your disability. Today, there are many alternatives. You can go hi-tech and punch a code into a keypad or use a one-button remote control, similar to the one that opens newer cars. Some can even open the door for you. Ask a locksmith, your security system company, or a home improvement store about the many options available. Also, you can search “keyless locks” on the web.

If the old-fashioned way is good enough for you, there are key turners with built-up handles that give you greater leverage and make turning keys easier.

Continue Learning about Physical Disabilities

Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
What do Winston Churchill and James Earl Jones have in common besides a deep voice and a robust stature? They were both stutterers. Stuttering that l...
How can I navigate on a tech device if I'm disabled?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Most of today's tech devices have features that make it easier for people with disabilities to use t...
What are the treatment options for speech impairments?
Treatment options for speech impairments will vary according to the specific kind and its cause. Spe...
What is a speech pathologist?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
A speech pathologist (or a speech-language pathologist) is a professional who is trained (master's o...