How is flaccid paralysis diagnosed?

Doctors use various laboratory tests and neurological studies to diagnose flaccid paralysis. They also determine if the onset of the disease was sudden, meaning that it occurred within less than four weeks, and if it has persisted for some time. The presence of respiratory illness is a factor in making a diagnosis.

Flaccid paralysis is diagnosed by a thorough neurological examination performed by a neurologist.

Continue Learning about Physical Disabilities

Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
What do Winston Churchill and James Earl Jones have in common besides a deep voice and a robust stature? They were both stutterers. Stuttering that l...
What does vision loss mean for veterans?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
Vision loss means the lack of vision where it existed before. For many people, including war warrior...
What if I blunder when I communicate with people with disabilities?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
Don't be embarrassed if you happen to use accepted, common expressions such as "See you later" or "D...
What are the treatment options for speech impairments?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Treatment options for speech impairments will vary according to the specific kind and its cause. Spe...