How can a chronically ill or disabled person set priorities?

There are three really good ways for a disabled or chronically ill person to prioritize their responsibilities:
  • Keep balance in your life. Prioritize, eliminate, consolidate, and streamline activities in all aspects of your life.
  • Take care of yourself. Be sensible about how you spend your time and energy. Do the things that are most important to you and to your family. Try to eliminate unnecessary or difficult tasks. Give yourself permission to rest. Make compromises and remove the words “I should” from your vocabulary.
  • Pace your activities. Try to break an activity down into a series of smaller tasks. Rest before you become exhausted and, if required, enlist the help of others.
Home Accessibility (300 Tips for Making Life Easier)

Written by the best-selling author of Multiple Sclerosis: 300 Tips for Making Life Easier and Parkinson's Disease: 300 Tips for Making Life Easier, Home Accessibility: 300 Tips for Making Life...

Continue Learning about Physical Disabilities

Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
What do Winston Churchill and James Earl Jones have in common besides a deep voice and a robust stature? They were both stutterers. Stuttering that l...
How can I navigate on a tech device if I'm disabled?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Most of today's tech devices have features that make it easier for people with disabilities to use t...
What is the Disability Status Scale (DSS)?
Louis RosnerLouis Rosner
Most disability scales used in the United States today only measure physical impairment and the ab...
What conditions are seen by a speech pathologist?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Speech pathologists work with people who have conditions that cause difficulty with speech (hearing/...