How can I avoid waiting in lines if standing is difficult?

Purchase tickets and gift certificates online. Use your computer or phone to purchase tickets to plays, concerts and movies; dinner reservations; or gift certificates to restaurants. Charge to a credit or debit card and have the certificates or tickets mailed to your home. While online, check out seating and menus.

If you have difficulty walking very far or if you use a walker or wheelchair, call ahead to restaurants, theaters and other venues before you leave home to ask if they are accessible. Ask about parking facilities, where the restrooms are located, the most convenient entrance and so on.
Arthritis

Arthritis

Arthritis: 300 Tips for Making Life Easier is a compendium of tips, techniques, and life-task shortcuts all learned from personal experience. Author Shelley Peterman Schwarz has lived with a chronic...

Continue Learning about Physical Disabilities

Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
What do Winston Churchill and James Earl Jones have in common besides a deep voice and a robust stature? They were both stutterers. Stuttering that l...
What if I blunder when I communicate with people with disabilities?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
Don't be embarrassed if you happen to use accepted, common expressions such as "See you later" or "D...
What sports are disability-friendly?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
Wheelchair basketball, hand cycling, sled hockey, and swimming are the most developed adaptive sport...
What is an NED-II voucher?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Two agencies, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the Department of Health and...