Disabled parking permits are honored in most states, including on a rental car or in a car in which you are a passenger. If you forget to bring your permit with you, your only option will be to visit the nearest Motor Vehicle department office and request a temporary permit; don’t be surprised if they want to see a doctor’s letter certifying your disability or medical condition. Don’t leave home without it!
- Q How can I navigate on a tech device if I'm disabled?
- Q What if I blunder when I communicate with people with disabilities?
- Q What laws protect people with hearing loss?
- Q Who is eligible for handicapped parking placards?
- Q What happens if I win my suit against job discrimination for disabilities?
- Q What is reasonable accommodation for employees with disabilities?