Disabled parking permits are honored in most states, including on a rental car or in a car in which you are a passenger. If you forget to bring your permit with you, your only option will be to visit the nearest Motor Vehicle department office and request a temporary permit; don’t be surprised if they want to see a doctor’s letter certifying your disability or medical condition. Don’t leave home without it!
- Q What is a certified orthotist?
- Q What if I blunder when I communicate with people with disabilities?
- Q How can I navigate on a tech device if I'm disabled?
- Q How does Social Security determine that a person is disabled?
- Q Are there any shortcomings of the Kurtzke Disability Status Scale (DSS)?
- Q What is the Disability Status Scale (DSS)?