Disabled parking permits are honored in most states, including on a rental car or in a car in which you are a passenger. If you forget to bring your permit with you, your only option will be to visit the nearest Motor Vehicle department office and request a temporary permit; don’t be surprised if they want to see a doctor’s letter certifying your disability or medical condition. Don’t leave home without it!
- Q What sports are disability-friendly?
- Q Can I stay active if I have a disability?
- Q How does Social Security determine that a person is disabled?
- Q Who is eligible for an NED-II voucher?
- Q How can I get a NED-II voucher?
- Q What is reasonable accommodation for employees with disabilities?