Disabled parking permits are honored in most states, including on a rental car or in a car in which you are a passenger. If you forget to bring your permit with you, your only option will be to visit the nearest Motor Vehicle department office and request a temporary permit; don’t be surprised if they want to see a doctor’s letter certifying your disability or medical condition. Don’t leave home without it!
- Q What happens if I win my suit against job discrimination for disabilities?
- Q What sports are disability-friendly?
- Q What does being disabled mean?
- Q Why should I get a handicapped parking placard or permit?
- Q How can I navigate on a tech device if I'm disabled?
- Q How does Social Security determine that a person is disabled?