Who is affected by phobias?

Every year, approximately 19 million of Americans experience one or more phobias that range from mild to severe. Phobias can occur in early childhood, but usually are first evident between the ages of 15 and 20 years. They affect both genders equally, although men are more likely to seek treatment for phobias.

Continue Learning about Phobias

How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
As Erica Jong, author of the 1973 feminist novel Fear of Flying, wrote, way down deep almost everyone has a fear of letting go. But air travel is incr...
How early can children demonstrate phobic behavior?
Even young children can demonstrate behavior that indicates that they will exhibit phobic behavior l...
How do I know if the kind of phobia I have is serious?
To know whether or not the phobia you have is serious, ask yourself how greatly it interrupts your a...
How do phobias affect the body?
The affect phobias have on the body are somewhat similar to those experienced when real life and dea...