What are the risk factors for agoraphobia?

The primary risk factor for agoraphobia is the presence of panic disorder, that is, current, unexpected panic attacks. Other risk factors include a family history of anxiety. Watch Dr. Oz discuss the risk factors for agoraphobia.

Continue Learning about Phobias

How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
As Erica Jong, author of the 1973 feminist novel Fear of Flying, wrote, way down deep almost everyone has a fear of letting go. But air travel is incr...
How will my phobia affect my children?
Your own phobias may make it more likely that your children will suffer from phobias of their own. A...
How do I know if the kind of phobia I have is serious?
To know whether or not the phobia you have is serious, ask yourself how greatly it interrupts your a...
Are phobias serious?
Most phobias are not serious and will not greatly impact your ability to live your everyday life. Ev...