Is there a cure for phobias?

In many cases, exposure therapy can help cure someone of the symptoms of their phobia. Anti-anxiety medication and avoidance of the object of your fear and anxiety will provide some temporary relief. Also, sometimes symptoms will dissipate on their own over time.

Continue Learning about Phobias

How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
As Erica Jong, author of the 1973 feminist novel Fear of Flying, wrote, way down deep almost everyone has a fear of letting go. But air travel is incr...
What can I do if I freeze when approaching narrow spaces?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
To get “unstuck” from a freeze that may occur when you approach narrow spaces, try these tips:Do...
How do other illnesses affect phobias?
If you have intense phobias you could be more likely to use alcohol and drugs to numb or dissipate s...
What are some common phobias?
Some of the more common phobias are agoraphobia, a fear of being unable to escape social situations,...