Is agoraphobia caused by stress?

Ongoing life stressors, even good ones, increase the likelihood of agoraphobia, the fear of panic attacks that can leave some people home bound. Watch Dr. Oz to learn more about panic attacks and agoraphobia.

Continue Learning about Phobias

How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
As Erica Jong, author of the 1973 feminist novel Fear of Flying, wrote, way down deep almost everyone has a fear of letting go. But air travel is incr...
What do I need to know about caring for someone who has a phobia?
If you are caring for someone you feel may have a phobia, it will be important to help them get an o...
What are some common phobias?
Some of the more common phobias are agoraphobia, a fear of being unable to escape social situations,...
How will my phobia affect my children?
Your own phobias may make it more likely that your children will suffer from phobias of their own. A...