How will my phobia affect my children?

Your own phobias may make it more likely that your children will suffer from phobias of their own. Any intense anxiety in relation to certain objects or circumstances may influence your child's fear related to the same objects or circumstances. If you are concerned that your own phobia may be affecting your children, see a qualified medical professional to find out what steps to take.

Continue Learning about Phobias

How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
As Erica Jong, author of the 1973 feminist novel Fear of Flying, wrote, way down deep almost everyone has a fear of letting go. But air travel is incr...
How common are blood phobias?
Blood phobias are not actually that common in the population as a whole. About 5 percent of people s...
How can phobias go away without a doctor's care?
Sometimes phobias can go away and come back, depending on the circumstances one is facing in his or ...
What are some examples of phobias?
Michael J. Mufson, MDMichael J. Mufson, MD
Here's a brief list of specific phobias, including both the familiar and some of the more obscure.Ac...