How will my phobia affect my children?

Your own phobias may make it more likely that your children will suffer from phobias of their own. Any intense anxiety in relation to certain objects or circumstances may influence your child's fear related to the same objects or circumstances. If you are concerned that your own phobia may be affecting your children, see a qualified medical professional to find out what steps to take.

Continue Learning about Phobias

How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
As Erica Jong, author of the 1973 feminist novel Fear of Flying, wrote, way down deep almost everyone has a fear of letting go. But air travel is incr...
What can I do if I freeze when approaching narrow spaces?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
To get “unstuck” from a freeze that may occur when you approach narrow spaces, try these tips:Do...
How do phobias affect the body?
The affect phobias have on the body are somewhat similar to those experienced when real life and dea...
Do phobias affect children differently than adults?
Phobias can affect both adults and children, and children of anxious parents are more likely to deve...