Does agoraphobia start suddenly?

Agoraphobia usually starts around the mid 20’s but can get worse over time. The disorder, which involves fear of experiencing panic attacks, peaks in middle age. Watch as Dr. Oz talks more about this disorder.

Continue Learning about Phobias

How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
As Erica Jong, author of the 1973 feminist novel Fear of Flying, wrote, way down deep almost everyone has a fear of letting go. But air travel is incr...
How do other illnesses affect phobias?
If you have intense phobias you could be more likely to use alcohol and drugs to numb or dissipate s...
What can I do if I freeze when approaching narrow spaces?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
To get “unstuck” from a freeze that may occur when you approach narrow spaces, try these tips:Do...
What is a phobia?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
According to the American Psychiatric Association, a phobia is an uncontrollable, irrational, and pe...