What is a phlebotomy for cancer treatment?

A phlebotomy is a procedure that will remove a specific amount of blood. Two common reasons for doing a phlebotomy are to remove excess iron or red blood cells from the circulation. Generally, one unit of blood (approximately 1 pint) is removed.

Continue Learning about Phlebotomy

What is phlebotomy?
Phlebotomy is the withdrawal of blood from a vein, usually in your arm, for transfusion, diagnostic ...
When should I contact my doctor after I undergo a phlebotomy for cancer?
Aurora Health CareAurora Health Care
A phlebotomy is a procedure that will remove a specific amount of blood. Two common reasons for doin...
What should I expect after I undergo a phlebotomy for cancer treatment?
Aurora Health CareAurora Health Care
A phlebotomy is a procedure that will remove a specific amount of blood. Two common reasons for ...