Will I need to take an antidepressant for the rest of my life?

About half of depression patients who are successfully treated with an antidepressant can go off it under a doctor's care. Some patients may need to take them for the long term, Tarique Perera, MD, a psychiatrist with Contemporary Care of Connectcut.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

Inactive Ingredients in Medications May Cause Problematic Side Effects
The 2007 movie Fast Food Nation is a fictionalized account of what it takes to bring hamburger from farm to drive-thru—and the hidden “ingredients” th...
What are the benefits of statin drugs?
Dr. David B. Agus, MDDr. David B. Agus, MD
Statin drugs do much more than just lower cholesterol. In this video, cancer specialist and author D...
What should I know about the MDP Multidose Kit of Technetium Injection?
The MDP Multidose Kit of Technetium Injection should only be used by medical professionals in a diag...
What Is an International Unit?
What Is an International Unit?