Who should not use Tudorza Pressair?

You should not use Tudorza Pressair (aclidinium), a medication used for long-term treatment of bronchospasm associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), if you are taking other anticholinergic medications to treat muscle spasms of the large airways. To avoid drug interactions, tell your doctor about all your other medications (prescription and over-the-counter), as well as any supplements you take, before you start taking Tudorza Pressair.

You should not take Tudorza Pressair if you develop paradoxical bronchospasm (breathing difficulty after taking this medicine to help breathing). Discuss this reaction with your doctor, who will likely stop the Tudorza Pressair and consider other treatments. If you have urinary retention or the eye condition narrow-angle glaucoma, your doctor will be cautious about prescribing Tudorza Pressair. You should not take Tudorza Pressair if you are sensitive to any of its ingredients, atropine or milk proteins.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

Ask the Doctors: How to Choose the Right Medications—For You and Your Pet
Q: I need to change birth control pills because the one I’m taking is giving me headaches. What’s the best way to find a new pill and do I need a mont...
Who should not use the MDP Multidose Kit of Technetium Injection?
Anyone with a known allergy to the ingredients in the MDP Multidose Kit of Technetium Injection (med...
What are fibric acid derivatives?
Fibric acid derivatives are cholesterol medications whose exact mechanism of action is unknown. ...
What are the Most Common Prescription Drugs That Cause Side Effects?