When can I stop taking Stribild?

You can stop taking Stribild (elvitegravir, cobicistat, emtricitabine and tenofovir), a prescription medicine used to treat human immunodeficiency virus-1 (HIV-1), if you experience a severe side effect, but you should not stop this drug before talking with your doctor. Stribild does not cure you of infection with HIV. If you stop taking it and do not start other medication, your body may no longer be able to keep the virus under control.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

Ask the Doctors: How to Choose the Right Medications—For You and Your Pet
Q: I need to change birth control pills because the one I’m taking is giving me headaches. What’s the best way to find a new pill and do I need a mont...
Can medicines be crushed?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
That depends. Some can, some cannot. Generally, if it is a standard medication, it *MAY* be able to ...
Can I take Neurontin with other medicines?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes, but check with your doctor or pharmacist on possible interactions. Generally, neurontin won't s...
What Is an International Unit?
What Is an International Unit?